Next date to be announced.
20% discount for students, researchers & academic staff.
1. Introduction to Space Syntax principles & methodologies.
2. Understanding the significance of Space Syntax as a human-focused approach to design.
3. Understanding key Space Syntax terminology.
4. Introduction to the mathematics behind the Space Syntax approach.
5. Implementation of Space Syntax principles in professional practice.
Syntax_101 provides a general introduction to the principles and methodologies used in Space Syntax practice across different scales, from buildings to urban regions.
The training cover three main topics:
– Space Syntax principles
– the methodologies used in Space Syntax analysis
– applications of Space Syntax in professional urban planning & design practice.
Space Syntax principles
What is Space Syntax?
What is the Space Syntax theoretical framework?
Why is space important?
What are the 5 key components of spatial network analysis?
How can Space Syntax principles inform the urban planning & design process?
Space Syntax methodologies
How do people navigate space?
How is graph theory used to analyse how a space works?
What are the key Space Syntax measures used to analyse space?
What is angular choice and how is calculated?
What is integration and how is it calculated?
How can a space be analysed across different spatial scales?
Applications of Space Syntax in practice
1. Spatial network
4. Street segment
5. Graph theory
6. Spatial Layout Attraction
7. Natural movement
8. Movement economy
9. Foreground network
10. Background network
11. Justified graph
12. Axial line
14. Angular choice
15. Convex space
16. Visual field
17. Angle minimisation
18. Metric distance minimisation
19. Active land use
20. To movement potential
21. Through movement potential
22. Node count
23. Total depth
24. Angular step.
Please contact us for further information or to make a booking